Monday, January 21, 2013

Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats




In an effort to use more of the Rice Krispies Cereal that I have stockpiled, I am experimenting with different recipes. My first batch was Banana Treats.  They turned out so good that I decided to try a different flavor.   I found several recipes using strawberry marshmallows. 

I purchased the marshmallows and thought they were good but it didn't quite have the strawberry taste I wanted.  I added a box of strawberry creme pudding to the next batch...much better.  You could also go somewhere in the middle and use one half a box of pudding with the strawberry marshmallows.  It's your treats - make them your way!








Ingredients


6 cup Rice Krispies
1/4 cup of butter or margarine
10 oz bag strawberry marshmallows
1 small box of strawberry creme instant pudding mix


 Directions

Use parchment paper or butter to prepare an 8 inch square dish.  Place butter and marshmallows in a large bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.  Stir and return to microwave at 30 second intervals until melted *  Add pudding and stir until completely combined.  Fold in cereal.  Pour into your prepared dish.  I use a piece of parchment paper to press my treats into the pan (no sticky butter fingers!) but go ahead and use your butter fingers if you don’t have parchment paper.  Next take a spoon and scrap all of the marshmallows and cereal that stuck to the bottom of the bowl and eat immediately!

* My microwave takes 1 ½ minutes to melt the marshmallows perfectly.  






Featured at:

lancing fun button w timebeUndertheTableandDreamingauty and bedlam                                
Share Your Cup Thursday

 
      
Sugar & Slice Sunday - Sweet 2 Eat Baking
 

29 comments:

  1. Linking up after you at Tasty Tuesday - looks good - and a fun thing for Valentine's time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! We found you via Funky Polkadot Giraffe TOO Cute Tuesday! www.lovenotesrestylestudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum I want to try both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great and beautiful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute!! Perfect for Valentines Day or even a Baby Shower! Dropping by from Cast Party! Lynn H @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm going to have to make these for Valentines Day. I love anything strawberry. Thanks for sharing at Whatcha Whipped Up Wednesday. Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun! These look so yummy! I know this sounds crazy but I have never made rice crispies and I'm a mother of 2! Crazy right? I will be trying this out for V-Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed perfect for Valentines. Thank you for sharing these at our party at http://www.FineCraftGuild.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! These look delicious! I hope you'll come link them up to my Super Saturday Show & Tell:) I'd love to have you stop by http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Looks delicious. An easy and fun treat for Valentine's Day! I'm adding it to my meal plan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Please come back Sunday to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Strawberry Rice Krispies Treats will be great for Valentine treats. Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for sharing your tasty recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! Found you on JustUsFourBlog.com. xo - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. i hope to make these for our st. valentine's bake sale.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my yummy, great photos too. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adding the pudding mix for extra flavor is such a great idea! These are perfect for Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello!
    I found you from the Wow me Wednesday link up. I would love to have you come share your post with my readers over at Sassy Little Lady’s Show and Tell Saturday. Hope to see you there!

    Kathie
    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found you from the Friday Favorites link up. Your strawberry rice crispy treats looks deliciou and perfect for Valentine’s. I just started a new Saturday Spotlight Linky Party on my blog this week, and would love to have you stop by and share! http://angelshomestead.com/saturday-spotlight-1/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these! Love the pink! So pretty! Thank you for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Please come back next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the idea of adding in the pudding mix for a yummy strawberry flavor!
    I'd love for you to come over and share at Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky Party!
    http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/finding-the-pretty-delicious-linky-party-2/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh these will be such a hit for Valentines day. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. They sound delicious and your presentation is so so lovely!
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza - hope to see you there again this week with more of your deliciousness :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Saw your recipe featured at Whatcha' Whipped Up link party!! These sound sooo yummy!! Thanks for sharing ... pinning ; ) Congrats on the feature!! :o)

    ~Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. How fun are these for Valentines? Love the pretty pink. I didn't know there was a Strawberry Creme pudding. I have a box of Rice Krispies. I think I will give these a try. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for submitting your strawberry krispie treats to Sugar & Slice Sunday. You've been featured! :)

    Hope to see you at todays party.

    -Lisa.
    Sweet 2 Eat Baking

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, I am featuring you on my 'Showing a Little Love' challenge post today.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  27. These look beautiful and sound so yummy! I know some little tykes in my life that would love these! New Follower too!

    ReplyDelete