Saturday, September 29, 2012

Hot Onion Souffle Dip

 

This is the time of the year you want to start eating those yummy hot dips instead of those cool summer dips and here is the perfect one …..
 



This is the best stuff I have ever had! I could literally eat it every day. A very kind caterer left me some when she packed up to leave after catering a wedding at the park where I work. One bite and I knew I had to find a recipe for it. I looked over several recipes and after several combinations, I ended up with the recipe below.
To be honest, I don’t measure my ingredients. I just dump whatever I happen to have on hand into a bowl. I usually make a small batch by using only one 8oz package of cream cheese. I then throw in a small onion (chopped) and dump the cheese in “unmeasured”. But if you are the type of person who needs exact measurement…….

2) 8-oz blocks of cream cheese
1 1/2 to 2 cups parmesan cheese (grated or shredded work, but shredded is better)
1large onion (chopped)
1/3 cup mayonnaise


Combine and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes (depending on how brown you like the crust on top). It can be made in a pie plate or a small casserole dish. I serve mine with pita chips.
 
This is one of those recipes that you can add extra of the things you love and use less of what you don’t. I usually add extra onion and less cheese because that is the way I like it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment