Tuesday, November 20, 2012

White Chocolate Mousse in Phyllo Cups ~ A quick and easy dessert.


Mini phyllo cups make it swift and simple to create an elegant dessert. I needed a dessert for work and I didn't have much time. I simply pulled some whipping cream out of the refrigerator and some white chocolate chips, phyllo dough, and blueberries from the freezer and voilà …... instant dessert!






As I mentioned, I was in a hurry. I didn't even waste time with the phyllo (fillo) dough, I went straight for the mini phyllo shells. All you do it remove from the freezer, let it thaw, and fill it with whatever you can throw together in a hurry. In my case it was White Chocolate Mousse. This mousse also taste great in cupcakes!

Mousse Ingredients:

2 cups of heavy whipping cream
2 cups white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
This will fill about 45 phyllo cups. 

note: substitute 2 cups of chocolate chips for chocolate mousse.

Instructions:

Step 1: Place mixing bowl and beaters in freezer to chill.
Step 2: Melt chocolate chips in microwave at 30 second intervals until melted and set aside to cool a little.
Step 3: Beat whipping cream until desired thickness in reached. (if you have never used whipping cream, it should have a similar consistency to Cool Whip)
Step 4: Pour the melted chocolate into the whipped cream and fold the chocolate into the whipped cream. If you over mix it, the cream you worked so hard to fluff will fall. It will still taste great so if it happens, do not stress about it.
Step 5: Place you mousse into a piping bag or zip lock bag with corner cut. It can be placed in the refrigerator to use at a later time or go ahead a pipe into you phyllo shells.


This mousse taste great topped with fruit, jelly (I melt it a little and pipe over top), nuts, and chocolate or caramel syrups. If you are in a hurry, look around your kitchen and see what you have on hand.



Featured at: 

MakeitPrettyMonday

Shared with


7 comments:

  1. Yum! These look delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super easy and super delicious!
    I loooooooove white chocolate, and these would be a wonderful desserts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fabulous!! Pinning them to my biggest pasty board :) Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I’m Anne from Life on the Funny Farm (http://annesfunnyfarm.blogspot.com), and I’m visiting from Fresh Eggs Daily.

    These look sooooo delicious! What a great combination of flavors.

    Anyway, thanks for posting this. If you’ve never visited yet, I hope you can pop by my blog sometime to say hi…

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look soooo good! You will be one of the features tomorrow at Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a feature button for your blog. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look absolutely delicious! I can't wait to try your recipe! This has been pinned!

    ReplyDelete