Thursday, September 27, 2012

EASY BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE MUFFINS

I was sitting in my kitchen this morning trying to decide what I wanted to have for breakfast.  I mentally ran through the list of what I had on hand that would be quick and easy.  I eyed a box of cereal, scanned over my current poptart selection, and thought about the key lime ice cream I had in my freezer.  None of these seemed suitable for a Sunday morning breakfast.  I wandered over to the freezer and eyed its contents.  There I spied this glorious bag of blueberries that my mother had given me last month.  I grabbed the blueberries and set them on the counter.  Back to my mental list.  I walked over to the pantry and dug around for a minute…yes, I found what I was looking for.  A package of blueberry muffin mix.  Now, I know I could have made muffins from scratch but I really wanted something quick and easy.  I mean really quick and really easy.  I mixed the muffins according to the package directions (this required dumping 1/2 cup of milk in with the powdered mix) and added l cup of the frozen blueberries.  I decided these muffins also needed a cream cheese mixture in the middle so I grabbed my handy little food processer and placed 1/2 package of cream cheese, an egg, vanilla, and sugar, pulsed a few times and voila….cheesecake!  From start to finish it took only about 5 minutes.  I definitely see more muffins in my future.

If you decide to want to try these quick and easy muffins…
This recipe is for 6 muffins. 




  • Favorite  blueberry muffin mix or make from scratch ( I  used Martha White)
  • 1/2 – 1 cup of blueberries
  • 4 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
  2. Grease muffin pan or line pan with muffin liners. Set aside.
  3. Make muffins according to package directions. 
  4. Add 1/2 – 1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen). 
  5. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg together with a mixer or food processor.
  6. Fill each muffin cup about 1/3 of the way with batter. Next, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture.  Cover each muffin with remaining batter so you can’t see the cream cheese filling. 
  7. Bake muffins for 14-18 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown.  
  8.  Let muffins cool on a cooking rack.




No comments:

Post a Comment