Thursday, September 27, 2012

KEY LIME PIE ICE CREAM




Let me start by saying that I love anything key lime so when deciding what kind of ice cream I wanted to make for a picnic at work, I thought of key lime.  Why can't you make key lime ice cream?  I did some research and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.  All of the recipes I ran across sounded like vanilla with a little time juice.  I wanted MY ice cream to taste like real KEY LIME PIE.  Here is what I ended up doing.....(You will notice that is seems a lot like a giant key lime pie, just the taste I was after)


1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened condensed milk
12 oz frozen limeade
8oz frozen whipped topping
Heavy cream or milk
Graham crackers



(If you want to save calories, you can use low-fat Eagle Brand and low-fat milk)

In a bowl, combine Eagle Brand, limeade, whipped topping, and enough milk or cream to reach fill line on your ice cream freezer. (This recipe is for 1 gallon ice cream freezer)

Pour mixture into you ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.

You can stir graham crackers into ice cream or spoon over ice cream when ready to serve. 



Shared with:

No comments:

Post a Comment