Saturday, January 19, 2013

Chicken Breeding Charts

A friend gave me these charts several months ago.  I have no idea where they came from or who deserves the credit for the work.  There are probably more charts out there so if anyone knows where they came from, I would love to hear from you.

I plan to breed and sell Cochins, Silkies, and Millie Fleur D'uccle this spring.  These charts will be useful when I get ready to separate them but I still need help in deciding what to do with the white and buff chickens.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could find information on chicken genetics for dummies?  I have found other charts but  they seem to be very detailed and wordy.  I love these simple chicken drawings where you can simply glance at the pictures and see what the results would be.  

Update:   A kind reader gave me the link to the origional post on Backyard Chickens forum.  You can check out that link here.   





3 comments:

  1. Pretty sure there's a typo in the last chart... they both should be Mm, but one is mm. :) Thank you for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, the above anonymous comment was me. :P It appears that these images came from this thread on backyardchickens.com: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/73357/color-genes-punnett-squares

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Now I have to do some research to see if these images are for public use or if they are copyrighted.

      Delete