Monday, December 31, 2012

BACON, AVOCADO, TOMATO GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH





I discovered Bolillo bread in the Walmart bakery a few years ago and use it for all of my sandwiches. At my Walmart it runs around 1.68 for 6 buns. I cut each bun in half and butter all 4 sides and toast in a skillet or I melt butter in the skillet and toast it that way. I always make my hamburgers on these buns (it and chipotle mayo are my secret ingredients). I also use it for my BBQ, BLT’s, BAT’s, etc. It is also great for plain old grilled cheese sandwiches. The bread makes everything taste better so give it a try.



Ingredients per sandwich
  • 4 slice(s) bacon
  • cheddar cheese (or your choice of cheese)
  • 1 bolillo bun cut in half lengthwise
  • 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 avocado peeled, and cut into slices
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

  • Prepare bacon according to directions; drain set aside
  • Salt & pepper tomato and avocado slices as desired
  • Cut Bolillo in half. Cover both sides of each slice of bread with butter. Cook bread slices with the insides down on medium heat until toasted. Turn bread over in skillet and place cheese on the inside of the bread you just toasted. Once cheese has melted and the outside of bread has toasted, remove from heat and layer bacon, tomato, and avocado onto sandwich.

Enjoy!

 

Shared with

2 comments:

  1. Linking up after you at Melt in Your Mouth Monday - this looks good! I'll have to watch for this kind of bread at Walmart - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spotted this on Melt in Your Mouth Monday, this looks wonderful!! I will definitely have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete